college financial aid

financial assistance

study abroad aid

college scholarships

tuition grants
Financial Aid Information

The Castle Rock Institute is committed to helping all qualified students afford to attend the semester or summer session of their choice. This page describes the range of financial aid resources that are available to student applicants and their families. Most students qualify for one or more types of financial aid, and with some advanced planning, can arrange for a large portion of their fees being paid through financial assistance programs. In the past, approximately 70% of all CRI students have received some form of aid. Please contact us if you have unanswered questions or need further information regarding financial assistance.

CRI Financial Assistance

Need-Based Grants: Every year the Castle Rock Institute awards several grants to students who demonstrate financial need. To be eligible for one of these grants you must complete the "CRI Application for Financial Assistance" and submit it with appropriate supporting documents. Upon admission to CRI, a student's financial aid offer is determined based on all available resources. Need-based awards typically cover up to 50% of expenses.

Merit-Based Scholarships: Two $5000 "Presidential Scholarships" are available each semester, and two $500 "Summer Scholarships" are available each summer to those students who demonstrate unusual academic excellence, community service, leadership ability, or some other aspect of character deemed uniquely exceptional or valuable to the Castle Rock mission and its programs. We encourage all students to apply for these merit scholarships.

Federal Financial Assistance

Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree-granting program may apply for financial assistance through the Federal Family Education Loan Program. You must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form and submit it through your home college's financial aid office (not through CRI or Brevard College). You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from your home college and an award letter. If you are eligible to receive, or are currently receiving, some form of federal financial aid (e.g., Stafford Loan, Pell Grant, PLUS loan, Perkins Loan, SEOG, etc.), it is critical that you check with your college's financial aid office to determine what portion of your aid may be transferred to cover your Castle Rock expenses.

The Castle Rock Institute, through the financial aid office at Brevard College, will sign a "Consortium Agreement" with your home college or university to allow federal funds to be transferred.

Other Financial Resources

Private Lenders: There are a number of private banks and organizations that make educational loans to students enrolled at an accredited college or university. Castle Rock Institute students are ordinarily eligible for these loans because they are concurrently enrolled full-time at Brevard College. Examples include: the Chela Academic Edge Loan (, the Key Alternative Loan (, the Wells Fargo Private Education Loan (, and others.

Institutional Assistance: Many colleges and universities allow students to transfer "in-house" financial aid to cover the cost of a Castle Rock Institute semester program. Check with your home financial aid office for more information about this option.

Australia - New Zealand Study Abroad Program | Domestic Outdoor Adventure Program | Outdoor Leadership Program | Summer Programs
About us | Staff | F.A.Q. | Links | Financial Aid | Calendar | CRI Blog | Quotes about CRI
Site Map | Contact | Home
new zealand study abroad programs